Regular Giving


You can set up a regular gift by standing order. This regular income allows us to plan our expenditure more effectively. You can pay monthly, quarterly or annually - the choice is yours.

If you'd like to make a Standing Order donation print off the donation form and send it to:

The Fundraising Dept, The RICE Centre, Royal United Hospital, BATH, BA1 3NG

If you can't find a stamp then write the follwing Freepost reference as the first line of the address:

Freepost Plus RRSL - RJLZ - RGYJ

Click here to download 'Standing Order Form.pdf' [83kb]

Don't forget to Gift Aid it!

Help us to make your gift go further by completing a Gift Aid declaration

Don’t forget Gift Aid; signing the declaration adds 25p for every pound you give – at no extra cost to you!

What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid is a government initiative which allows a charity to increase the value of your donations at no extra cost to you. For every pound you give to a charity they can claim an extra 25 pence from the Inland Revenue.

How do I know if I am eligible?

If you are a UK tax payer you can sign a gift aid declaration. You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax in the tax year at least equal to the gift aid that the charity reclaims on your donations. (e.g. A £50 annual donation gives £12.50 gift aid. You need to have paid at least £12.50 tax last year. If you give £50 as a monthly donation then you need to have paid at least £12.50 each month.) 

What if I don’t pay tax?

If you don’t pay tax then you are not eligible to sign for Gift Aid. 

What if I am a higher tax rate payer?

You can still authorise the declaration, and the charity still gets 25p for every pound. You can then personally claim tax relief on the difference between your higher rate tax and basic rate on your self assessment form, if you wish to.

What do I have to do?

Each charity you give a donation to must have a separate Gift Aid Declaration from you. This can be for one donation or authorisation for all future donations. If you stop paying tax in the future you must inform the charity. Just download the Declaration Form and post it to RICE at the address above.

Click here to download 'RICE Gift Aid declaration form'

Your final alternative is to set up a direct debit online. All you need to do is CLICK the Donate Now button at the top of the page and follw the instructions.


01225 476420 OR

The Research Institute for the Care of Older People


The RICE Centre

Royal United Hospital

Combe Park

Bath, BA1 3NG

Contact Us

Tel: 01225 476 420

Fax: 01225 463 403


Find us Map

Website Info

Terms & Conditions


Site Map


Join us on twitter