As an independent Charity based near to the RUH in Bath, we rely on donations to fund our vital work in research and community support.
Your donations can help in many ways, such as:
- £5 will pay for correspondence to be sent to 20 patients with dementia.
- £10 will pay for session material used in the 7 week Cognitive Stimulation Therapy course.
- £25 will help pay for one hour of a Research Nurse or Psychologist’s time for running therapy courses; supervising carers courses; testing for signs of early-onset dementia in the Community Memory Screening Clinics and for involvement in our many research projects;
Donations also go towards helping RICE hold a clinic or course for people with dementia and their carers.
- £335 will pay for 1 Community Memory Screening Clinic where testing can help identify possible early stage dementia from memory problems caused by other reasons. Attendance is free.
- £1,880 will pay for a 7 week Cognitive Stimulation Therapy course for up to 8 people with dementia, aimed at improving memory, social interaction and quality of life. Attendance is free.
- £4,000 will pay for a 4 week Carers Course for up to 24 carers of people with dementia. Attendance is free.
You can donate as often as you want by cheque or by bank or credit card on-line:
Donate by post: just send a cheque made payable to RICE to
The RICE Centre
Royal United Hospital
If you can't find a stamp then write the follwing Freepost reference as the first line of the address:
Freepost Plus RRSL - RJLZ - RGYJ
Donate on-line: Click the blue Donate Now button on this page and follow the instructions
Or donate on a regular basis by clicking this link Regular Giving
Don’t forget Gift Aid, signing the declaration adds 25p for every pound you give – at no extra cost to you!
What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid is a government initiative which allows a charity to increase the value of your donations at no extra cost to you. For every pound you give to a charity they can claim an extra 25 pence from the Inland Revenue.
How do I know if I am eligible?
If you are a UK tax payer you can sign a gift aid declaration. You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax in the tax year at least equal to the gift aid that the charity reclaims on your donations. (e.g. A £50 annual donation gives £12.50 gift aid. You need to have paid at least £12.50 tax last year. If you give £50 as a monthly donation then you need to have paid at least £12.50 each month.)
What if I don’t pay tax?
If you don’t pay tax then you are not eligible to sign for Gift Aid.
What if I am a higher tax rate payer?
You can still authorise the declaration, and the charity still gets 25p for every pound. You can then personally claim tax relief on the difference between your higher rate tax and basic rate on your self assessment form, if you wish to.
What do I have to do?
Each charity you give a donation to must have a separate Gift Aid Declaration from you. This can be for one donation or authorisation for all future donations. If you stop paying tax in the future you must inform the charity. Just download the Declaration Form and post it to RICE at the address above.